Monday, September 23, 2013

 Here is a quick update on 'Mary Tillinghast.' I managed to get in quite a bit of stitching this weekend while listening to an audio book of The Fellowship of the Rings. I have read the series many times over the years, but it really makes a difference to hear it read aloud. The sounds of the words are really beautiful. I have to wait until Oct. 14 to get a new Audible credit, so I am going to listen to an audiobook of The Silmarillion I already have.

Louisiana Man won the wall debate, and suggested we add something under the sampler instead of lowering it. I suppose is will do for now.


I will be making roasted cauliflower dip again today - I have gotten a little obsessed with it. Cauliflower sounds like a crazy thing to crave, but there is almost as much dairy as veggie in this fabulous recipe!




 

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Mary Tillinghast is looking great. I love this sampler and am so happy that I have it in my stash! I went back to your "start" post and laughed when you said you self-medicated by starting this sampler - spot on! What linen are you using?

Thanks for the tip re the Roasted Cauliflower dip, will give it a try. I love Roasted Cauliflower!

the striped rose said...

Hi, Melissa. I am using my (current) standard 32 count antique ivory. That really changed the whole feel of the sampler. If I did it again I might choose a light natural for a more antique feel. But I am happy with my choice on the whole. Enjoy the dip - the thyme and time is so perfect! ;)

Margaret said...

Mary looks great! Silmarillion, huh? I haven't read that one despite reading LOTR and the Hobbit. Maybe I should try it.....

the striped rose said...

It is incredible, but it has taken me several readings over the years to begin wrapping my mind around all the names. The language is truly breathtaking, and Martin Shaw is a perfect narrator. :)

Chris said...

Gorgeous progress. I feel the same way about Pioneer Woman's cauliflower soup. Yum.

Maggee said...

I want that recipe! I love cauliflower! You have made great progress on Mary!

Karoline said...

Mary is looking gorgeous, great progress

Kay said...

This looks great. My husband has a thing about me putting things into the wall too. Part of his problem though is that we have very different tastes and he is rather sick of cross stitch.