Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am now in ornament mode - I think

I finished up this little freebie from Paulette at Plum Street Samplers. If you have not downloaded him, hurry on over to her blog! Yours will not look quite like mine because you can probably read a chart without confusing the color symbols and making the letters different sizes. Ahem. I cannot tell his beak from his wattle; I stitched it both ways, and I am still not sure I got it right.

I altered "Visions of Sugar Plums" by Country Cottage Needleworks to reflect my own little girls. It turned out to be quite the PINK confection! This pattern is in the 2009 JCS ornament edition.
The girls had their fall piano recital last week. Here is a picture of the girls and Jerry.

Speaking of Jerry, I smell pipe smoke coming up from his office in the basement. That is not going to work. I don't want my big $$$$$ cross stitch linen smelling like smoke!!!! EEEKKKKK!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

 

3 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

I LOVE your finishes!
I think the ornie with pink is the most darling of all, and to personalize it like your girls, that's great!!!
My hubby smokes a pipe but always outside or on the back porch. I know it's unhealthy but I love it when he smokes a pipe and winks at me......cute!
I would be freaking out too though if it were in my basement.......
first, cutting the table, now smoking the linen.........LOL LOL

Jennifer

Nancy said...

A fine turkey! I love how made Visions of Sugarplums so personal, and I do love the pink! Beautiful finishes.

Siobhán said...

Lovely finishes! They pale in comparison to your cutie patootie daughters, though. ;) Your husband ain't half bad, either! LOL My husband smokes cigars. I hate the smell but he smokes them out on the deck or in his car.