Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Did you miss me?

Wow! I have really neglected my blog lately! My newest neice was born the week of Thanksgiving, and it has been all go since then!

The girls decorated gingerbread houses last week with the friends they have been decorating gingerbread houses with for several years. They were on quite a sugar high!

I did manage to stitch a bit yesterday. It has been so long! I cannot believe I have not been stitching on all the ornaments I picked out!

Here is our Advent wreath. I could not find the purple and rose colored candles. We made the little clip-on St. Nicholas last Sunday in Sunday School. December 6 is St. Nicholas' Day. I have big plans for next Sunday for St. Lucy - we'll see. And don't feel sorry for me that I am not celebrating Christmas right now. It is Advent after all! And we party hard the 12 Days of Christmas. And I can celebrate Christmas 40 days if I want- until 2 Feb - Candlemas!
I am excited about Nutmeg's new piano piece she is working on! (I have been working on it too!)
Oh! And my little Nutmeg celebrated her 9th birthday this week! Happy Birthday, Nutmeg!

Whew!

Posted by Picasa

 

3 comments:

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Happy Birthday, Nutmeg! ;)

Your stitching looks awesome! Great progress.

Jennifer

Catherine said...

Cute pictures - looks like they had a great time with the Gingerbread houses!

Siobhán said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!

The stitching looks great. Love the gingerbread houses! My brother used to get one from his godfather every year and the rest of us would sit and watch him eat it. LOL I love Advent, too--one of my favorite times of the year.