Friday, February 27, 2009

Very Veggie Soup

Here is a meatless recipe I have tinkered with. My husband and I really like it, but the children prefer soup out of a can!


Chop 1 large white onion, 3 cloves garlic, 2 ribs celery and 1 large red bell pepper. Saute with 3 Tbs olive oil. Add veggies to a stock pot with 4 cups vegetable broth, 1 14-oz can DICED tomatoes, 1 14-oz can CRUSHED tomatoes, 2 zucchini (peeled and chopped), several handfuls of chopped carrots, 1 10-oz bag frozen green beans, 1 10-oz BAG chopped spinach (I hate the "bricks" of spinach!), 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley, 1 15-oz can kidney beans, 1 15-oz can white beans, 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp dried basil, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. I think I may have added 1/2 to 1 cup of water as well.


 

No comments: