Monday, April 12, 2010

Daybook 12 April 2010



Outside my window... This is the first year I have grown asparagus. I love watching the beautiful shoots emerge.

I am thinking... About the appointments I need to make for the girls, the cats, the dog...

I am thankful for... My beautiful daughters and nieces, beautiful church liturgies, 40 days of Easter, my garden...

From the learning rooms... This week we will start the respiratory system...

From the kitchen... I am making veggie burgers tonight. The rice is already cooked, and I am intrigued by the addition of sunflower seeds.

I am wearing... My walking clothes...I really need to shower and change...

I am creating... A recipe binder with all my favorite tried and true recipes, organized with plenty of tabs!

I am going... walking with a friend every morning; it has been so invigorating!

I am reading... Mostly history and science books to try and stay a few steps ahead of my 9-year old.

I am hoping... for a good rain to wash away the pollen and nourish my gardens.

I am hearing... a surprising silence as the girls work on their lessons in peace - for the moment.

Around the house... I need to get the grip on my bedroom. I have been concentrating on organizing the kitchen and pantry. Now I need to de-stress my bedroom.

One of my favorite things... Those flat sandwich/burger buns!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Visiting my sister and playing with my nieces, homeschool science day with a friend...


 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm CHS obsessed as well. I love your LHN finish from the JCS mag! Your daughters are adorable!