Saturday, October 24, 2009

Honey or Cheese?

The bread's ready! Come on over! The big decision is whether to eat it with a drizzle of honey or a slice of cheese. Of course, I will eat it both ways, but which to start with?
Here is my current favorite recipe. It is adapted from one of the Nitty Gritty breadmachine books.

1 1/4 c water
2 Tbs veg oil
3 Tbs molasses
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs demerara sugar
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp light flax seeds
1 tsp dark flax seeds
1 heaping Tbs steel-cut oats
1 heaping Tbs wheat germ
1 heaping Tbs oat bran
3 Tbs rolled oats
1 cup King Arthur White-Wheat Flour
2 cups bread flour


****Sorry!~ I forgot to write 2 teaspoons of yeast!!******

I put this in the machine on the dough cycle; it is pretty sticky. Then I take it out and put it into 2 8x4 pans, or I would have if I could have found the other 8x4! I baked it once in a 9x5 and it was not attractive! ! baked it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. This will be the perfect snack before we head to the corn maze on this cool, bright autumn day!

 

2 comments:

Grenae said...

I can almost smell the lovely scent of freshly baked bread!
xoxo Mom

Rhonda said...

Looks delicious! I've had a hankering lately to bake some bread. This is great bread baking weather.
I hope you enjoyed your corn maze. We took three Sunday school classes to a corn maze Saturday and had a blast.