Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin & Salmon

Ha, Ha! Don't worry - these two ingredients are sharing a post not a recipe!

Last night, I tossed a few handfuls of cranberries in my pumpkin pie. That was the best idea ever! I used the traditional recipe on the back of The Can, except I used soy milk instead of evaporated milk. You should definitely try the cranberries! Very Yum!

I was raised on salmon (the "l" is silent) patties. Sophie Loren once said," Everything you see, I owe to spaghetti." Well, I owe a lot to salmon patties and lima beans (and half a canned pear with a dollop of mayonnaise, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a maraschino cherry). Anyway, I made salmon "cakes" last week with sauteed celery, onions and red peppers. They were incredible. There is something magical about sauteed red peppers. When used in combination with either corn or broccoli, they approach the sublime. Hey - I could put chopped broccoli in the salmon cakes next time......


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I "heard" that little sneer about the pear/cheese/cherry "salad." You were one of the lucky ones. xoxo Mom