Friday, October 10, 2008

Weekly Report

Well...hmmmm.. I cannot believe it is Friday. This has been a strange week. Forgive me if this is filled with typos, The Chipmunk is throwing a fit in her room. Apparently there is not room on the couch for her and her sister, so the The Chipmunk kicked Nutmeg. Her tantrum is jamming my brain signals.

Bugging Out

Nutmeg pulled a muscle in her leg, so we stayed home from swimming this week. She also talked me into doing homeschool upstairs on the couch. This was not a good idea; I was constantly running around looking for things.

Math: We did Saxon worksheets, but I did not do much from the teacher's manual.
Latin: We did chapter 6 of Latina Christiana 1. We also listened online to someone reading Lingua Latina with church latin pronunciation while we followed in the book.
Language Arts: We continued with FLL3 and WWE2. Our memorywork is still George Washington by Stephen Vincent Benet. Nutmeg finished book 6 of Explode the Code! Whoo Hoo!
Science: We have finished the Apologia Astronomy chapter on the sun. We are reading some library books on the sun and light. Nutmeg is very interested in light and colors, so we will stay on that as long as she likes.
History: See my 'this week' column on the left.
German: We restarted German this week. Before we just did vocab lists from Enchanted Learning and watched Muzzy dvds. Now we are watching Muzzy and then working the vocabulary with homemade worksheets and conversation.
Hope you all had a productive week!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful report! Thank you for sharing your week!

Blessings from Karen from the WTM boards
www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Rhonda said...

That first paragraph describes things that go on in my house sometimes-sigh.
It sounds like a good week, Michele! If you get a chance, let me know where you listened to Lingua Latina on-line. :)
~Have a blessed day.

Angela said...

I need to get back into Latin again. Maybe after the election. I'm consummed by it at this point.

Sorry Nutmeg got hurt and missed swimming. And about the fighting - that's all Casey and Will have been doing this morning. Driving me CRAZY. Although I don't have any cute emoticons to express it! :0

We'll talk more about the fire pit!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for adding the link Michele!! :)

Robin M said...

Looks like you accomplished alot despite the tantrums. :)

Have a good weekend

Robin

Dawn said...

I just wanted to let you know that you were the winner of the Borrower's book on my blog. You can email me your address at dkeckley@gmail.com

Thanks!