Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Lady's Dream

Here is my start on "A Lady's Dream" by Carriage House Samplings. I love the samplers in the 2006 Most Noble Pursuit, but I know I would never stitch it as one piece. I thought about stitching three of them separately, and hanging them near each other. We will have to see. I always make such great plans - planning is almost as much fun as stitching! I put my rotation on hold again to do this piece. I do believe in the "power" of the rotation, but I have to take side trips to keep me going down the main road - if that makes any sense! I just love the verse on this design, "The murmur of the summer stream is best to soothe a lady's dream." Sometimes, when I think about it, it does not quite make sense, but the words are lovely anyway. It has been a loooong time since I have stitched such relatively large blocks of a single color, but I am finding it relaxing after stitching so many words and alphabets on other designs. I hope everyone gets lots of stitching and reading done today!


Posted by Picasa

 

3 comments:

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Look lovely!

Tanya

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

I love Carriage House Samplings! I saw this one with all the other ones together but I like it here alone too. Your stitching is so neat! The colors are pretty too.
Jennifer

Deb said...

I know what you mean.... This one is beautiful and stands out in that collaborative sampler grouping. I always find my RRs keep me on track with stitching, Michele. I guess I really need a fire under my "bookie" to keep me racing to stitch on my WIPs!! The rotation system works for me, as well. Between stitching and reading, who needs to do housework?
Hugs, Deb