Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fungus Nature Walk


Now that cooler weather is returning, we are going to resume our "Handbook of Nature Study"- inspired nature walks. I think we will focus on the Fungi Kingdom for now. We found some really colorful specimens to sketch today. We should be able to find many more as we go on (short) hiking trails this fall.



I posted some pictures of the more interesting mushrooms on the previous post. I am STILL having trouble posting more than 4 photos! (Thanks for your tips though, Jennifer.)

Posted by Picasa

 

2 comments:

Angela said...

Cooler weather? I thought you live only 30 minutes away from me! It was hotter than Hades today!

Fun walk! ;)

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Gosh, I was noticing on our walk tonight all the mushrooms growing about the size of dinner plates in the woods! Seriously, they are giving off a powdery stuff in them.
I agree. Oh it was hot today. Even with the rain, it was muggy.
Oh, I like the girls haircuts! Cute!

Jennifer